Cassie officially turned 16 months old on Saturday. She is currently 22lbs and 31.75in. She has recently had a language explosion and has been adding words to her vocabulary almost daily! Some of her new words include: look, pretty, sit (hahaha, think we say this to Bruce much?!), bless you, snack and milk. She is too cute! It is so interesting just to watch her engage with different things. She will now bring toys to us that she wants to play with and she will also say "snack" when she wants something to eat.
In not so good news, Cassie had Roseola from Thanksgiving through a week after. She spiked a fever on Wednesday night and continued to have one on and off for the next few days. She was pretty crabby and wasn't eating very well. Eventually the fever broke and she ended up with the lovely Roseola rash. I knew what it was right away, but it being a Sunday, Jerry suggested I put a call in to the on-call Pediatrician. That was the biggest mistake EVER! Jerry was off to training in NH, so Cassie, myself and my grandmother went of to what I think is the smallest Pediatric office ever. Which, is not ideal considering all of the kids in there were sick! We waited over half an hour before we were brought into a room. Once in the room we waited for another 15 minutes...Cassie was a saint during all of this waiting. You could tell she was on the mend. The Pediatrician came in and he had no personality whatsoever! It was awful. He checked her temp, ears and throat....NOTHING. He said, and I quote, "The rash is manifesting from the infection of her crusty nose."
........
Seriously dude?! SERIOUSLY?!
.........
Her nose was a little crusty and that was just because her nose ran a bit from being out in the cold air and coming into the warm air. He wrote a prescription and my mom sense told me she didn't need it and I never did fill it. Wouldn't you know...her rash was gone the next day! So, I'm pretty sure the doctor was wrong and I was right. I worked too many years in day care to know what Roseola is and what it looks like!
So anywho, Cassie is back to her normal self and is as happy as a clam!
No comments:
Post a Comment