Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Night Out at Edaville Railroad!

This past Thursday, we took a trip down to Carver.  Here, in Carver, is one of the most memorable places of my childhood; Edaville Railroad.  My parents used to take my brother and I here every.single.year.  Nothing really changed year to year, but, it was always just as fun.  A few years ago, Edaville closed down and sold EVERYTHING.  I was a little crushed because I had planned to take my own children there some day.  Luckily, it didn't remain closed for too long!  Cassie loves trains and had never been on one before.  We knew that she was going to love this!  Grammy and Grampy came along with us, and we had a blast!  Growing up, we never went to Edaville during the week.  We ended up going on a Saturday and it was ALWAYS packed.  We would have to wait a half an hour, if not more, to get on the train.  After going during the week, I will NEVER go on a weekend again!  There was barely anyone there.  We arrived, headed right toward the train and walked.right.on!  That has NEVER happened!  Cassie was so excited to be riding on the train, she soaked up every minute of it and enjoyed the light display.  Once off of the train, Cassie asked to go on the "Elephants".  I don't do rides that go up and down, so, I figured Jerry would be the best person to take her on.  They climbed right on and she enjoyed it!  She wanted to go right back on, but, we turned her attention to the carousel.  We all went on this ride and Cassie thought that was great!  Once off the carousel, she wanted to go back on the elephants.  But, my Mom and I were planning on going on the Tilt-A-Whirl.  Cassie started crying because she wanted to ride the elephants again.  A woman working in the concession stand called her over and told her she was one of Santa's helpers.  She asked Cassie her name and what she wanted for Christmas and wrote it down in the special book for Santa.  Before we left, she gave Cassie a candy cane and we proceeded to the Tilt-A-Whirl.  Cassie and Jerry went on the space shuttle ride while my Mom and I waited to get on the Tilt-A-Whirl.  Their ride ended up finishing while we began boarding.   Jerry came running over with Cassie and he brought her on!  She loved every single circle that ride spun her in.  We finished off the night on the catterpillar ride, and then we headed home.  Here are some pictures from the night:





No comments: