Thursday, February 3, 2011

The night before 18 months...

Well, tomorrow Cassie will be 18 months old, a year and a half old, half-way to 2.  I can't believe how quickly the last 18 months have flown by.  It's funny to think back and remember that when she was a few weeks old that I felt time was moving so slowly and how much I wished she were just a few months older.  Don't get me wrong, I loved having a newborn, but the sleep deprivation and the constant worry of making sure she was eating enough was wearing on me.

  It has most definitely been a fun and amazing journey to 18 months.  Cassie has grown so much both physically and mentally in the past 18 months.  I loved being able to witness all of her milestones:  rolling, trying solids, sitting up, crawling, walking, running, babbling, talking, giving kisses, etc.  I guess tomorrow will be bittersweet.  I know she is already "officially" a toddler, but the growth that she has had in the last week really made that differentiation between baby and toddler.  She's communicating some of her needs with words now (milk, snack) rather than just fussing.  She is following simple directions and loves to help us out (unload the washing machine, picking up Cheerio's she spilled, etc.).  She's also a little lovebug!  If you need a kiss, she is right there with one for you.  Need a hug?  She loves to give those too!

  Sure, we've had our fair share of not so fun days (teething, stomach bug, ear infection, roseola) but the fun days have been more plentiful and definitely outshine the not so fun days.  I can't wait to continue on this adventure with Cassie; having a child let's you view the world in a different way.  She is just learning about the world and how things work and she is in constant amazement.  Sometimes as adults we get caught up in the serious doom and gloom events in life and don't take the time to just look at the world through a child's eyes.

So, Happy 18 Months, Our Sweet Little Girl!  Mommy and Daddy love you!


















Then and Now


No comments: